Google classroom is a useful tool for organizing your classes, viewing your assignments, interacting with each other and the teacher and turning in your work digitally. The district gives you unlimited space on their Google Drive but that goes away after your senior year. At that time, you'll need to find a way to migrate your information to your own Google Drive if you want to keep it.
This is the process for working with Google Classroom:
- Make sure you're logged in to your school Google Drive.
- Click on the green Google Classroom to the left or click here
- Sign in, using your school email (your student ID plus "@oside.us")
- Your password is your eight-digit birthdate (for example, January 1st, 2022 would be 01012022)
- Sign up for classes using the codes I give you in class.
- Use this portal to view, complete and turn in assignments
Success tip: go to your student calendar (while logged in as a student) by clicking here and you'll see all your due dates for all your Classroom classes!
Note: If you don't plan on checking your district email (email@example.com), you should set it up so those emails forward to your personal account. For more info on that, go to this link and follow the instructions on "how to forward all new emails".