El Camino High School's Digital Arts Media Academy is a series of articulated* career technical education (CTE) classes that focuses on digital media arts. The program features graphic design (marketing and advertising through images that have been digitally produced and enhanced), web design (production of online content aimed at selling or promoting products or services) and 3d design and animation (3-dimensional objects, stationary or animated, used to communicate an idea). *"Articulated" means that we teach many of the same items as the local community colleges teach. If you receive a grade of "B" or better in my classes, you will get credit for taking that course at the community college.
Each assignment has clear expectations and a defined due date. If the student does not turn in the assignment by that date, the highest possible grade that you could get on that assignment goes down one letter grade each business day. If a student has excused absences for days that we worked on the project in class, they have that many days to make up the assignment with no penalty.
Google classroom is a useful tool for organizing your classes, viewing your assignments, interacting with each other and the teacher and turning in your work digitally. The district gives you unlimited space on their Google Drive but that goes away after your senior year. At that time, you'll need to find a way to migrate your information to your own Google Drive if you want to keep it.
This is the process for working with Google Classroom:
- Make sure you're logged in to your school Google Drive.
- Click on the green Google Classroom icon above or click here
- Sign in, using your school email (your permanent ID plus "@oside.net")
- Your password is your eight digit birthdate
- Sign up for classes using the codes I give you
- Use this portal to view, complete and turn in assignment.
- Make sure that you right-click on your Drive, create a new folder with your period number, your last name and your first initial. After you create that, right-click on it and click "share" to share with me: email@example.com
- When you are ready to turn in your assignment, you simply save it to your district Google Drive in the folder you created in #7 and I'll immediately see it. If I don't see it in that folder, I'll have to assume it hasn't been turned in yet.
Note: If you don't plan on checking your district email (firstname.lastname@example.org), you should set it up so those emails forward to your personal account. For more info on that, go to this link and follow the instructions on "how to forward all new emails".
Designer List Resource
Remember these dates:
Apr 10 - Apr 14: Spring Break
Jun 5: Finals Week
Schedule for Graphic Design:
2/28: Review image trace (doesn't work on fonts very well), tutorial on getting started on logo
3/2: Tutorial on first logo idea: focus on using different strokes to achieve different results
3/3: Tutorial on second logo idea: focus on using layers to make something seem 3d
- Assignment folder
|1||Area 86||Set up hosting and site, install theme||Research theme and capabilities||Work on banner||Work on Intro text||Done with banner and intro, three social posts due in folder|
|2||AndWest Branded||Conference call at 10am||Work on making front page like Perfect Bar||Get familiar with theme capabilities||independent work||finish up front page, three social posts due in folder|
|3||Jeff Jarrard||Figure out banner pictures with text||Determine three areas for home page||Continue to work on home page||Finish up home page||Create calendar, three social posts due in folder|
|4||Ed Lucia||Choose an install template||Work on banner||One section for pizza, cheesecake and hot sauce||About me section||Finish home page, three social posts due in folder|
|5||Ricardo Martinez||How to showcase designs?||How to order?||Work on home page||Three sections||Three social posts due in folder|
|6||ECHS Choir||Stay with him or go with someone else?||Based on decision, independent work||Customer acquisition||Customer acquisition||Three social posts due in folder|
- Cold Call List (careful editing)
- Custom coding for WordPress
- What are WordPress shortcodes?
- EdCorp folder
- Links to:
Design and Development Plan:
Operations and Management Plan:
Schedule for 3D Design and Animation:
2/27: Intro 2d game design. How is it similar, how is it different? Intro 2d scroller, which is due the Friday before Spring break.
- Check out these games (5th and 6th)
- Create a maze in illustrator, put it in Maya and eventually in Unity!
- Last years Roll-a-Ball games (remember, download and then open HTML file with Firefox)
- Learn the basics of C# here
- Assignment folder
- Resources folder
- How to turn in a rendered image
- How to apply a picture as a material
- Learning Maya 2015
- How to render your scene